Per IRS rules, we have to issue the receipt for the year that we receive the transfer, not when the transaction is initiated. Electronic transactions entered over the New Year's weekend, won't be completed until January 2nd!
Give online before Friday December 29th at 2:00 p.m. for credit card transactions., and Thursday December 28th at 2:00 p.m. for bank withdrawals.
Please note that, though our vendor usually clears bank withdrawals within 1 working day, sometimes bank withdrawals can take up to 5 days. If you want to be sure to get a 2017 charitable deduction receipt, give your gift early, or write a check.
Transfer of stocks and other assets can take 5 days to complete, so transactions should be initiated al least by by Friday, December 22nd. Email email@example.com for instructions on how to donate assets.
Checks are counted in the year they are postmarked or physically received, not the check date.
Values & Instructions
At Epicentre we are committed to see the good news of Jesus - His life, death, resurrection from the dead and invitation to all to eternal life - reach every corner of the earth. To do that we are engaged both locally and globally in sharing the good news and equipping God's people to fulfill Jesus' commission to make followers of every nation. Your tithes and offerings are part of what makes this go forward. Click on one of the links below to give! Note that automatic withdrawal from a bank account is preferred, as credit card companies take a percentage of all credit card transactions.
Recurring transactions, bank withdrawal, donor records and tax receipts.
Give through one-time credit card transactions.
New donors: create an account for recurring transactions, bank withdrawal, donor records and tax receipts.
Give to discipleship school outreaches, vision trips, and other short term trips.
For information about securities donations, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Letter from Pastor John
2017 has been a solid year of growth and outreach for Epicentre this year, where we
- Presented the Gospel of Hope to more than 1,000 people on Easter Sunday;
- Seen our youth group explode with new growth and influence in the region;
- Increased our community involvement in Pasadena by increasing our outreach in Marshall Fundamental Secondary School, as well as supporting various groups focused on housing for homeless families, fostering and adoption, and education;
- Sent nearly 60 people to Houston in post-Hurricane Harvey flood efforts where we cleaned houses, led people to Christ and saw people healed;
- Have continued to fully fund Chris Rattay, our urban church planter in Lincoln Heights, as he’s continued to grow our daughter church, as well as mentor the daughter churches they’ve planted in East LA and Taxco, Mexico.
- We sent short-term teams to the Middle East, Southeast Asia, Asia and Europe, where we continue to see salvations, baptism and the growing of the church.
- Church planting teams in the Middle East and Asia added team members from Epicentre.
- Our team is Malawi is reaching out more effectively to the Muslims in their area.
- Our team in Iraq is readying themselves to extend their efforts into Mosul.
Our Financial Situation
I am writing to ask you to consider Epicentre Church in your year-end giving. Every year at Epicentre we depend on our tithes and generous offerings to balance our budget which supports these ministries. Much of this comes in the form of year-end giving. This year, even though we have spent $40,000 less than budgeted, up to this point our giving has not matched our financial projections. Our deficit at the end of November was $305,000, about $90,000 greater than anticipated. As a result, I’m appealing to you to help us end this year in a manner which will allow us to continue our ministry in these areas this coming year.
What We Can Do
Your End of the Year Gift to Epicentre Church will build the Kingdom of God in Pasadena, Southern California and into the nations. With your tithes and generous gifts, we will be able to close out 2017 in the black. This will enable us to:
- Hire a Children’s Ministry Director and Family Lifegroup Pastor as soon as we find our candidates (rather than wait into the middle of next year)
- Increase our ministry in the schools and among the marginalized in Pasadena
- Grow our investment in urban Los Angeles
- Fund a new initiative in reaching the unreached in the largest Muslim nation in the world in summer 2018.
Thank you for considering this gift of generosity towards Epicentre and growing God’s work!
Lead Pastor Epicentre Church Pasadena