Jesus is the most amazing person of all time: the one around whom history turns and the one for whom the end of time is focused. His ministry and sacrifice embodies God’s heart for all people, making it possible for all to have new life and a new way of living. It’s with this hope and glory that Jesus establishes the most powerful force on the earth today: the church.
Our vision is simple. Like that of the first century church, we want to live with such affection and passionate love for Jesus that it transforms the way we interact with all people.
Geologically, an epicentre is the point on the earth’s surface directly above the focus of an earthquake. The effects of an earthquake ripple outwards from its epicentre. As God moves, acts, and speaks, we want to be right on the surface so that we can respond and make His glory known throughout the earth. Spiritually speaking, Epicentre is the place where God’s people have gathered in response to a movement of God’s Spirit. When God’s people say “yes” to Him, individuals and the spiritual territory where they live are transformed. Like the early church, our calling is to become a community fully abandoned to God and His ways, transforming communities around us by planting more Epicentre communities that plant other Epicentre communities throughout the world.
Epicentre stands in the great stream of churches that have understood that their role is to equip its adults, young people and children to bring the fullness of God’s will on earth as it is in heaven. We desire to love God with all of our hearts and as a result, the world around us is changed.
Epicentre exists to satisfy the Father’s heart by obedience to the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-39) and fulfillment of the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20).
Epicentre seeks to advance the Kingdom of God by impacting people groups through transformed people living in authentic communities, and the employment of biblically-based, cross-cultural and holistic ministry through the planting of cell churches, locally and globally.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments as being the inspired Word of God and completely inerrant in its original writings. They are the ultimate and final authority in faith and Christian living.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And the Father is the Almighty God who created and sustains the whole universe through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He was begotten of the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary. He is true God and true man. He was crucified; he died and was buried for the atonement of sin. He rose again from the dead on the third day, and ascended bodily into heaven as our Priest and Advocate. He will return bodily to earth.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the triune Godhead. He is the Comforter who guides and inspires us to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. He leads and enlightens us in understanding God's Word and He also guides and inspires our daily walk with God.
- We believe that humankind was created in the image of God. Humankind sinned and fell, thereby incurring not only physical death but also that spiritual death which is separation from God. All humans are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe that all who repent of their sins and receive by faith Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord are born of the Holy Spirit and thereby become the children of God.
- We believe that the local church is the gathering of the redeemed believers on the earth in a certain locality and is a part of the Universal Church of God.
- We believe that every redeemed believer is commissioned to witness and make disciples both locally and world wide.
- We believe that every redeemed believer is to be the light and salt of the earth. Thus, believers should lead a life that demonstrates, upholds and aids the welfare and justice of society.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the believer and of the non believer, the everlasting blessedness of the believer and the everlasting conscious punishment of the non believers.